Chapel Hill, North Carolina – June 8, 2020 – ATMA Hotel Group, a Chapel Hill-based lodging company with hotels in Raleigh/Durham, Chapel Hill, Charlotte and Cashiers NC, announced today that is implementing cleanliness standards that exceed the recommendations of their hotel brands to ensure guest safety.
Manish Atma, President and CEO of the company that bears his name, has invested more than a quarter of a million dollars to purchase new equipment and staff training that will “take cleanliness and hygiene standards to a higher level in our industry.”
“At ATMA we are committed to having our hotels clean and safe by training our associates and providing the tools needed to achieve our promise to our guests. We are proud to set an example for others to follow knowing that safety is essential for guest peace of mind during each stay.”
Some of the recently adopted measures include:
- Electrostatic spraying devices that use an EPA registered, chlorine and phosphate free, disinfectant. The selected spray is effective in controlling viruses including Norovirus, Allergens, and Bacteria. Treatments will touch the entire guest room including fixtures.
- Managers and line employees will be certified in COVID-19 Best Practices, Cleaning and Disinfecting Surfaces, COVID-19 Food Service Safety and Restaurant Front/Back of House Best Practices.
- Industry leading RGF air purification units have been ordered for guest rooms and public spaces that remove bacteria and viruses, as well as gas, odor, and dust.
- ATP testing meters that measure the presence of virus and bacteria cells on hard and soft surfaces.
Installation of sanitizing stations throughout hotel public spaces including elevator landings, front desk, Food & Beverage areas, fitness centers, meeting rooms and back of house areas.
- All employees will be wearing masks and gloves for as long as brand and CDC recommendations are in effect.
The company also released a commitment-to-cleanliness initiative called P.R.O.M.I.S.E. that is unique to ATMA Hotel Group. All elements in the P.R.O.M.I.S.E. program ultimately point to the company’s resolve to keep guests and employees safe. Atma says, “We are diligently seeking innovative additions to our safety and cleaning protocols to continuously elevate the industry standard.”
ATMA Hotel Group opened its first hotel in 1994. The company now owns and manages 10 Hilton, Marriott, Choice, and IHG hotels with three new hotels in planning or under construction. Further details on the P.R.O.M.I.S.E. plan can be found on the company’s website www.atmahotelgroup.com.